What Does The Blessed City Look Like?
O Lord! Show Us Madina;
Where It Rains Mercy,
Where It Is Mercy Upon Mercy!
– Mufti Akhtar Raza Al Qadri (‘alayhi rahma)
What Does The Blessed City Look Like?
O Lord! Show Us Madina;
Where It Rains Mercy,
Where It Is Mercy Upon Mercy!
– Mufti Akhtar Raza Al Qadri (‘alayhi rahma)
The day without the remembrance of Madina shareef is fruitless!
Oh Allah ﷻ
take us to the City of Rasoolullah ﷺ
The land on which walked the Master of the universe ﷺ
Our besotted heart be sacrificed on that blessed land
On the 20th of shawwal in the year 1081  … we departed Damascus in grand procession. Day by day pilgrims kept coming from all directions, until the reckoning of tents and marquees stood at 6,300. For this was the Greatest Hajj and only God knows how many were there.
Evliya Çelebi was an Ottoman cavalryman born into a wealthy family. From 1640 onwards, he travelled extensively around the Ottoman Empire and further afield on horseback. In February 1671, Çelebi had a dream in which the Prophet Muhammad told him to perform Hajj. He set off for Mecca in May 1671, travelled along the coast, through Syria to Jerusalem, and doubled back to join the Hajj caravan in Damascus.
Before reaching Mecca, Çelebi recounted that when they first sighted Medina, the caravan’s animals regained their strength and headed towards the town at great speed. Çelebi was so overcome with emotion when he prayed at the Prophet Muhammad’s tomb in Medina that he nearly fainted. After performing Hajj, he returned to Cairo with the Egyptian Hajj caravan. The notes from all his journeys formed his ten volume work called the Seyahatname – the Book of Travels.
As we marched that night, the full moon had thrown its rays upon the earth, the night had lifted its veil, voices struck the ears with cries of “Here I am O God, here I am” from all sides.
Ibn Jubayr (d. 1217) was from Andalucia in Spain. His is the earliest first-hand account of the Hajj experience and the most important before the 19th century. He began his journey from Ceuta on 3rd February 1183. On reaching Egypt, he travelled up the Nile to Qus and then across the desert to ‘Aidhab. This route avoided passing through the Crusader Kingdom of Jerusalem.
Ibn Jubayr arrived in Mecca on the 4th August. His detailed account provides a wealth of information about Mecca and the rituals of Hajj including important information on the textiles that covered the Ka‘ba. Illustrated here is the earliest known copy of Ibn Jubayr’s Rihla and held in Leiden University Library. It is copied in Mecca by ‘Abd al-Qadir al-Qurashi in Maghribi script. Ibn Jubayr’s text was extensively used by the other famous traveller who went on Hajj, Ibn Battuta (d. 1368).
There are certain pillars in the Prophet’s masjid ﷺ in Madinah which have a special significance. Alhamdulillah, the locations of these pillars have been preserved till today. Signs were placed to indicate the names of these pillars known as ‘Ustuwaanah’ in Arabic.
Many people who visit the Prophet’s masjid are oblivious to these pillars or are unaware of the history behind them so in this article, I will illustrate the location of each pillar and tell you the story behind them which took place during the time of the Prophet ﷺ. If you are fortunate enough to visit the Prophet’s ﷺ masjid, try to visit these locations. Mulla Ali Qaari writes:
“Those pillars of the Masjid, which are of special virtue and blessed should be visited by the visitor of Madinah. There he should keep himself busy with optional prayers and supplication.”
This pillar is located behind the mihrab of the Prophet ﷺ on its right hand side and is the most blessed of the pillars for this was the Prophet’s ﷺ place of prayer. On this spot there once used to grow a date palm. The Prophet ﷺ used to lean on it while delivering the khutbah (sermon). When a minbar was made, the Prophet ﷺ began delivering his sermon from there. When this happened, the sound of crying was heard from the tree and it could be heard around the whole masjid. The Prophet then went to the tree, placed his hand on it and the crying stopped. He then said:
“The tree cries because the remembrance of Allah was near it, and now that the minbar is built it has been deprived of this remembrance in its immediate vicinity. If I did not place my hand on it, it would have cried till the Day of Judgement.”
The pillar which has been placed in its place is called Ustuwanah Hannanah because the word ‘hannaanah’ is used to describe a crying camel.
This is also called the Ustuwaanah Muhajireen because the Muhajireen (emigrants from Makkah to Madinah) used to sit near this spot. The Prophet ﷺ used to offer his prayers at this place before he moved to the place at Ustuwaanah Hannanah. It is also called the Ustuwaanah Qur’ah. The reason for this is that A’ishah (may Allah be pleased with her) reported that the messenger of Allah ﷺ said:
“In this Masjid is one such spot that if people knew the true blessed nature thereof, they would flock towards it in such that to pray there they would cast lots (Qur’ah).”
People asked her to point out the exact spot which she refused to do. Later on, after Abdullah Ibn Zubair (may Allah be pleased with him) persisted, she pointed to this spot. It is called Ustuwaanah A’ishah because the Hadeeth is reported by her and the exact spot was shown by her.
During the battle of Banu Quraydhah, after the enemies had been surrounded by the Muslims, the besieged tribe called on Abu Lubabah (may Allah be pleased with him) to tell them what the Muslims were planning to do with them. Abu Lubabah had previously had dealings with the Banu Quraydhah and after seeing their crying and wailing, he told them what the Muslims were planning to do.
He wasn’t suppose to reveal anything to the enemy and realising his mistake, he became grieved and proceeded to go to the Masjid. He came to a date tree and tied himself to it saying:
“As long as my repentance is not accepted by Allah, I shall not untie myself from here. And the Prophet ﷺ himself must undo my bonds.”
When the Prophet ﷺ heard this, he said:
“If he had come to me I would have begged forgiveness on his behalf. Now he had acted on his own initiative, so how can I untie him until such a time that his repentance has been accepted.”
For many days he remained tied there without food and water, except for prayers and when he had to answer the call of nature. Then one morning, after a few days, he received the good news that his repentance (tawbah) had been accepted. The companions conveyed the news to him and wanted to untie him but he refused, saying:
“As long as the Prophet ﷺ does not untie me with his blessed hands, I shall not allow anyone else to do so.”
When the Prophet ﷺ entered for Fajr prayers, he untied him. The pillar is called Ustuwaanah Tawbah (repentance) or Abu Lubabah as it was this very spot in which Abu Lubabah tied himself seeking repentance.
‘Sareer’ means sleeping place. It is reported that the Prophet ﷺ used to make i‘tikaaf here (seclude himself in the Masjid) and used to sleep here while in i‘tikaaf. A platform of wood used to be put here for him to sleep on.
‘Hars’ means to watch or protect. This used to be the place where some of the companions (may Allah be pleased with them) used to sit when keeping watch or acting as gatekeepers. ‘Ali (may Allah be pleased with him) used to be the one who would do this often due to which it is also known as Ustuwaanah Ali.
When the following verse was revealed, the Prophet ﷺ told his companions that he no longer needed people to keep watch as Allah had promised to protect him.
“..And Allah will protect you from the people..” Surah Al Ma’idah, Verse 67
‘Wufood’ means delegations, whenever a delegation arrived to meet the Prophet ﷺ on behalf of their tribes, they would be met at this place where he used to meet them, converse with them and teach them about Islam.
Left: Ustuwaanah Wufud, Middle: Ustuwanah Ali/Haras, Right: Ustuwanah Sareer
It is reported that this was the spot where late at night a carpet was spread for the Prophet ﷺ to perform tahajjud prayer after the people had left. There used to be a niche at this place to indicate the Prophet’s ﷺ place of performing Tahajjud but it has now been hidden with a bookcase as you can see above.
These historical photos show what is hidden behind the bookcase:
This was the usual place where the angel Jibra’eel used to enter to visit the Prophet ﷺ. Today it cannot be seen as it lies inside the sacred room of the Prophet ﷺ.
These eight places are special but so is the entire Masjid and the city of Madinah. You cannot take a step except imagine that the Prophet ﷺ or his companions must have tread on that exact space many years ago.
There are also pillars which indicate the boundary of the original masjid as it was at the time of the Prophet ﷺ. Written on the top of each pillar is ‘this is the Masjid of the Prophet ﷺ’
The orange circles indicate some of these pillars found in the masjid:
In the city of Madina Munawwara there is only one king, one master. We are the slaves and beggars at his court (salla Llahu ‘alayhi wa sallam). Show respect to everything in this city even the dust particles in this city. This city is what it is because of the prophet (salla Llahu ‘alayhi wa sallam). Ya RasoolAllah (salla Llahu ‘alayhi wa sallam) bless us all with your generosity.
It is not just that Saudi Salafis are destroying Islamic Heritage in Saudi Arabia, they are also exporting this terror in other Muslim countries of the world. Salafis are taking control of Muslim countries, one by one, with the help of Zionists and Nato in the name of revolutions and destroying entire Islamic Heritage in these countries.
(1) Libya Herald Newspaper reported that on July 9, 2012 Salafis bombed ‘Sahaba Mosque’ in Derna, Benghazi, Libya.
The Bombing on the mosque destroyed the Tomb and the upper portion of Hadhrat Zuhayr(رضئ اللہ تعالی عنہ) pious grave. People were surprised to see the pious body of Hadhrat Zuhayr(رضئ اللہ تعالی عنہ), companion of Prophet Mohammad (صلى الله عليه و آله وسلم), remained intact, spotless after 1,375 years of burial. The news and these pictures were published in Libya Herald Newspaper on Tuesday, July 10, 2012. Read more…Saudi Salafis have destroyed over 60,000 pious graves and mausoleums of Sahabah and family members of Prophet Mohammad (صلى الله عليه و آله وسلم) in Arabian Peninsula. What they did with the pious bodies of over 60,000 Sahabah is not known to people. These inhuman beastly actions will definitely carry the unending Azaab (torment) on these Salafis in Hereafter. They cannot escape Allah’s ( سبحانہ و تعا لی ) Azab.
(2) On Sunday, August 26, 2012, Saudi funded Salafis attacked 500 year old grave of Sheikh Shihab al-Din (1442-1493), a Shadhili Shaikh in Misrata, Libya, dug out the grave and took away his dead body.
UNESCO Director General Irina Bokova said on August 27, 2012, the Salafi attacks wrecking Zlitan, Tripoli, Mistara, Benghazi, etc., and destroying mosques and desecratinggraves of Islamic Scholars must be halted. Reuters Paris, reported on August 29, 2012 that United Nationshas urged Libyan authorities to protect Islamic Heritage from Salafi vandalism. Read more…
In Misrata, they destroyed mausoleum of Sheikh Ahmed al-Zarruq. The front façade of Sidi Abdul-Salam Al-Asmar Al-Fituri shrine, as well as the mosque and library of al-Asmari University in Zliten were also destroyed. Read more…
Agence France Presse (AFP) reported that in Tripoli, Salafisdestroyed Abdallah al-Shaab mausoleum, the shrines of Sidi al-Masri and Sidi Selim.
The League of Libyan Muslim Scholars have urged United Nations to pressure Saudi Arabian Government not to export Salafi terror and vandalism in Islamic countries.
(3) In a shocking incident on December 16, 2008, Taliban, dug the grave of a popular Ahle Sunnah Shaikh, Samiullah Chishti in Swat, Pakistan, removed his body and hanged it in a local market.
Taliban confirmed that their gunmenentered the house of Shaikh Samiullah, and killed all inmates. They searched the premises but did not find his dead body.They left the scene after killing several others and burning 15 houses owned byhis Murideen. Later they came to know that he was one of the persons killed by them and that his Murideen had secretly buried his body. They went to his grave, removed his body and realized that he was not properly buried but was stuffed in a hole while still dressed in his clothes. Later explaining why they hanged Shaikh’s dead body, a seniorcommander of Taliban claimed that he was Mushrik. Read more…
(4) The Daily Mail, UK, reported on February 3, 2013 that Salafi Terrorists, backed by French military have torched homes, mosques and libraries, including £16-million Ahmed Baba Institute, home to some 20,000 ancient documents on culture, science and geography.
It is reported that Salafi terrorists, armed with assault rifles and pickaxes have destroyed all importantmausoleums in Timbuktu.Eye witnesses say that Salafisare unleashing terror in many parts of Mali.The French claim that Al-Qaeda terrorists who are there in Mali for a long time, are burning the cities, destroying mosques, and fleeing before arrival of French troops. If this story was true, then they would have destroyed this heritage long time ago. Why this whole saga started after the current Government headed by Captain Amadou Haya Sanogo was installed in Mali by CIA. It is obvious that theseterrorists are doing the carnage under the patronage of Zionists, supported by petro-dollar funds from Saudi Arabia. The Salafi terrorists are used by Zionists to destroy Islam in the world. The entire terrorist structure is run under the overall guidance of Nato,whose governments are slave to Zionists lobby in the world. Read full Report…
(5) BBC reported on October 15, 2012 that Salafi Militants, who call themselves Free Syrian Army, damaged the Grand Umayyad Mosque in Aleppo City. Read full Report…
Armed Salafi militant groups targeted the mosque with mortars and machine guns, damaging major portion of the mosque, main prayer Hall and the main gate.
(6) Watch the following video clip, the Salafi Militants have bombedand destroyed the mausoleum of Hazrat Ammar bin Yasir (رضئ اللہ تعالی عنہ) in Syria, who was one of the famous Sahaba and was among the slaves freed by Hazrat Abu Bakr Siddique (رضئ اللہ تعالی عنہ). He was one among the Muhajirun. He is famous for the Prophet’s (صلى الله عليه و آله وسلم), Hadith – “Ammar will be killed by the errant group.“
(7) PRESS TV reported on November 26, 2012 that Salafi terrorists, sent by Saudi Arabia and Zionists, into Syria are destroying mosques and important Islamic Heritage buildings. The Zionists call these terrorists as Free Syrian Army (FSA). Read full report…
Tama Hazem, Head of Aleppo CityMedia Center said, “Nour Al-Shuhada mosque was struck by Salafi militants during Asr prayers, killing most of the people prayingthere. The main hall of the mosque and the minaret were destroyed.”
Watch the following leaked video showing the Salafi Terroristsblowing the mosque and cheering the destruction and killing of all people who were praying at that time. Read more on Islamic Heritage destruction in Syria.
(8) It is reported by Syrian News on April 6, 2013 that Salafi Zionists attempted to destroy, and partly damaged Sayyeda Sukaina (ra), daughter of Hadhrat Ali (ru) shrine in Darayya, outside Damascus.
They desecrated the shrine, burned its books of religion and Quran and even damaged the building itself. They did the same thing in Libya where they removed the skeleton of late Gaddafi’s mother and tore it apart with sticks. Read more...
Also, watch the video Clip about this Story.
(9) Al-Jazeera reported on March 21, 2013 that Dr Mohammed Saeed Ramadan al-Bouti, a longtime supporter of President Bashar al-Assad and Imam of Damascus’ historic Ummayyad Mosque, was killed in the explosion in the Iman Mosque in the central Mezzeh district.
Forty two people were martyred and eighty four injured in the blast, the Syrian Television reported. Watch this video clip.
Al-Jazeera reported on March 24, 2013 that Al-Bouti’s 52 years old daughter, Sumayya, speaking from Saudi Arabia, said that her father could not have changed his position. She said those who killed him(Salafi Zionist terrorists) are “unjust” and “criminals”
Earlier Shaikh al-Yaqoobi and Free Syrian Army (FSA) which consists of hired Salafi Zionist mercenaries, tried to give impression that Government killed Shaikh Al-Bouti; which is a lie. Read full story...
(10) Press TV reported on May 3, 2013 that the pious Grave of the Sahabi Sayyidina Hujr ibn Adi (ru) was been desecrated in Syria and his grave has been dug up and his blessed body has been stolen.
Hadhrat Hujr ibn Adi (ru) was a pious companion of Prophet Mohammad (saws) who was sentenced to death, along with his son and 7 others by Muawiya (ru) for supporting Hadhrat Ali (ru). It is reported that Muawiya (ru) had given Hadhrat Hujr (ru) two choices, either to curse Hadhrat Ali (ru) or die.
Hadhrat Hujr (ru) chose to die and reported to have said that he would do nothing that could displease Allah (swt).
On May 2nd, 2013, his shrine was desecrated by Salafi extremists/terrorists trained and sent to Syria by Saudi Arabia, Qatar and other Salafi States. His body was removed and disposed off at an unknown location. No one knows what they did with his pious body. There are reports that the Salafi Zionist terrorists responsible for this incident have been apprehended by Syrian Police. However there were no confirmed reports of their arrest. Watch the following disturbing video clip.
(11) Press TV reported on January 1, 2013 that Shaikh Muhammed al-Arifi, a Saudi Salafi Scholar, issued a fatwa that permits all Jihadist in Syria to engage in rape of Syrian women, en masse. Read more, and also Watch this video clip.
Arifi called it Intercourse Marriage designed to give freedom to Salafi mercenariesin Syria to have sex with Syrian women en masse to satisfy their lust and boost determination. By doing so, they will enter Paradise.
Shaikh Arifi, later denied that he has issued such a Fatwa on his FB page and on twitter. Read more…
(12) Washington Times reported on April 3, 2013 that another Salafi Sheikh Yasir al-Ajlawni, who hails from Jordan, has also issued a Fatwa to clear the path for Salafi Terrorists fighting against the Government of Syrai to “rape Syrian Women so long as they are non-Salafis“. Read full report …
(13) SEXUAL JIHAD – The Daily Mail UK reported on April 4, 2013that at least 13 Tunisian young girls reportedly traveled to rebel held northern Syria to offer themselves for sex to Salafi Zionist mercenaries fighting with Syrian Army. This was the result of ‘Fatawas’ issued by Salafi Clerics for women to perform SEXUAL JIHAD for which they will get Paradise in Hereafter. Read more…
(14) UN Officials say the terrorists of so called Free Syrian Army are killing civilians and raping Syrian women. Watch this video covering UN Security Council Meeting about Syria.
(15) Watch the following video clip which shows how Saudi rich and royals and Qatari rich and royals are preying on hapless Syrian refugee women and small girls in Jordanian camps made for Syrian refugees who have fled their country in view of Saudi Zionists sponsored war in Syria. They enter these camps as in the guise of donars and kidnap young girls from these camps taking advantage of darkness. It is reported that when a woman resisted rape from these men, they burnt her camp. The saudi rich and royal have transformed these camps as mass rape centers of hapless unprotected Syrian women.
(16) Watch this shocking video showing horrific crimes committed by Salafi Zionists who are described by Western mainstream controlled media as Free Syrian Army.
(17) Watch this horrific video showing a Salafi FSA terrorist commander Khaled al Hammad eating the “heart” of a Syrian soldier after killing him. The BBC has confirmed this brutality.
Allah has encompassed all things in knowledge (65:12)
Et kilde til inspiration
- etiske og teologiske refleksioner
Ahl Sunnah Wa Jama'ah
Umara Ahmad's Urdu Novels
encouraging life long reading and continuous spiritual progress, inshaAllah....
The Muslim Travel Guide
Just another WordPress.com weblog
An Arab's life in Denmark
And We did not send you (O dear Prophet Mohammed – peace and blessings be upon him) except as a mercy for the entire worlds.(Surah Al-Anbiya: Verse 107)
Orthodox Sunni Islam
Islam is a hidden treasure longing to be known.
The greatest WordPress.com site in all the land!
A Journey Called Life
The place to find Your Monthly dose of Noor