The following advice has been given by Sayyidi al-Habib `Umar bin Hafiz (may Allah preserve him and benefit us by him). Please benefit and share with your loved ones.
There are a number of ways to get the most out of Rajab. Some of the most important are as follows:
- Seeking forgiveness in abundance and making sincere repentance;
- Making a sincere resolve to seek to approach Allah through performing acts of obedience and avoiding acts of disobedience;
- Assessing your state, rectifying it and striving to follow the Prophet ﷺin all that you do
- Improving your performance of the prayer by making sure that you implement the sunnahs pertaining to the prayer and pray with presence of heart. Also strive to pray in congregation in the first row without missing the opening takbir;
- Improving your relationship with the Qur’an by increasing the amount you read and reflect upon daily and seeking to acting upon it;
- Being consistent in reading your adhkar in the morning and evening, after the prayer and in your varying states (such as eating, entering the house and preparing for sleep);
- Improving your interaction with your family, friends, relatives, neighbours and with Allah’s slaves in general and the elect of His slaves specifically;
- Fasting whatever days you are able to, especially Monday and Thursday and the White Days (13th, 14th and 15th days of the month);
- Giving a portion of charity and doing what you can to help those in need and treating them kindly;
- Worshipping Allah in these nights, especially in the last portion of the night. Improve your state at this time so as to enter into those who Allah praises in the Qur’an: Those who spend their wealth (in charity) and seek forgiveness in the last portion of the night.
We ask Allah to give us a great portion of the gifts bestowed in this month and that He makes us among those who attain acceptance and felicity in this life and the next.
O Allah, bless us in Rajab and Sha`ban, allow us to reach Ramadan and assist us in fasting and praying in the night.